4.06.2011

shutter skills

Today, I finally got a Twitter.  I feel like i'm all caught up with social networking now! Oh, so if you want to add me, i'm
 @SgtdaPepper_13   :)
Right now, I don't have much journalism to offer to my blog.  I do, however, have a feature article on Sherman Alexie, an Indian author who made an appearance at the Free Library on March 16th,  that I wrote for my Writing for Journalism class 2 weeks ago...I might post that later.
For now, I'm just going to post more pictures that I took a while ago at a Temple Basketball game.  Nothing special.  I just wanted to practice my shutter skills. 
I am currently on the list for photography for the Temple News, but I think I may have jumped the gun a little.  I wanted to get involved right at the beginning of the year, and I kind of did, but the problem was that I didn't have a good DSLR camera of my own.  Not to mention, very little *actual* photography skills.  I mean, yeah, I was just good at taking pictures with a point-and-shoot. haha!  I ended up getting one over Christmas Break (a pretty Nikon :] ), and I planned on working with the Temple News, but my lack of experience held me back. 
THAT IS WHY
 I am planning on taking a photography class under the journalism department for next semester.  I feel like if I have a solid understanding of "the camera" and basic skills, I will be more confident, instead of just going off of self-taught/google lessons.  I can't wait!
BUT! You're feedback is welcome :)












By the way, isn't that news feed at the top cool?! Breaking news.....just like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment